Loose window panel on upvc front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into a property with fairly old upvc doors. The front door has a glass panel insert in the top half of the door, horizontally centered about 2/3 width of door.

I've noticed the glass can be moved from both sides and seems the seals and fascias have come away to some extent probably due to weathering and general age. Obviously this is a security risk as well as lost efficiency of heat retention.

The actual glass unit itself looks to be fine so I wonder can this just be resealed? I don't really want to do it myself when it is security at stake so ballpark what might such a repair cost?

I know it's not quite the same but having had a bathroom window unit replaced for a fairly small fee I am hoping this wouldn't be too expensive and fairly quick? Ultimately the door would be replaced but think it has some life left in it for now.

Sponsored Links
Oh lovely spam.
Could really do with a photo or 2 to help you here.
Is it a basic half glazed door or a panel door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back