Glass on ceramic tiles - any thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying some tiles for bathroom which I am told are glass over ceramic - the finish is like porcelain but more "delicate" looking. They are 10mm thick - 44 x 31.6 mm in size.
Questions - 1. Are they quite common - do tilers "know" about them?
2. Will they be very difficult to cut? I shall get tiler but I understand they need cutting with a wet diamond cutter. Do most tilers have these? They seem to be about GBP100 to buy.
3. Do these cutters tend to flood the area where the work is taking place - as they spray water? That is - can they be used inside a flat? Also how noisey are they?
thanks very much for any replies.

Sponsored Links
I am thinking of buying some tiles for bathroom which I am told are glass over ceramic - the finish is like porcelain but more "delicate" looking. They are 10mm thick - 44 x 31.6 mm in size.
Questions - 1. Are they quite common - do tilers "know" about them?

yes pretty common

2. Will they be very difficult to cut? I shall get tiler but I understand they need cutting with a wet diamond cutter. Do most tilers have these? They seem to be about GBP100 to buy.

ALL tilers have these, and no not difficult to cut, my rubi dry cutter cuts glass tiles.

3. Do these cutters tend to flood the area where the work is taking place - as they spray water? That is - can they be used inside a flat? Also how noisey are they?
thanks very much for any replies.

i personally only use my wet cut outside, can be very messy / wet depending on tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back