wet cut tile cutters - which one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut the following types of tiles and was wondering what you recommendations were for wet cut tile cutters. Although I am a DIY'er I don't like buying cheap crap so want something fairly decent, but don't want to break the bank as will only use if for 2/3 bathrooms!

Floor tiles - black galaxy style, granite, 300x300x9mm
Wall tiles - 600x300x10mm ceramic (porcelanosa so actually 592x316 I think)

Was thinking maybe the following?

Rubi ND-180 BL (BL seems to be the commonly available version!)
Norton TT180
Plasplugs Master Tiler or Contractor Plus or any other decent version with a flat bed!
Or, any old cheap metal top cutter??! - is it really worth paying loads?

Also, will a standard diamond blade cut the granite OK or will I need a porcelain type?

Sponsored Links
sorry mate i dont use rubi ...am a sigma man as for wet cutter any of them sound ok
best of

I am a rubi man (converted from sigma a good few years ago lol)
any of the wet cutters you mentioned will be absolutly fine.

A standard diamond blade will cut your granite no probs as long as its a decent 1 and not one of these 2 for a tenner things

Sponsored Links
turned quite a good few years ago tictic, just after i came out of my time.

Sigma were very very popular and expensive in those days and i could not source any parts for them ( my handle snapped) so i changed to rubi, which had spares readily available, which was better than a hammer and chisel for breaking tiles,especially quarry tiles lol

KEVD,
is this the plas plugs wet cutter you are talking about ?
tilecutter.jpg

if so yes it will cut granite

Thanks for the tips so far guys.

The plasplus contractor plus is http://www.plasplugs.com/tiling-tile-cutter-dww150.html
with the Master tiler being http://www.plasplugs.com/tiling-tile-cutter-dww180.html

The one you show is an Erbauer (seen it in screwfix!).

I guess as long as I wake it easy with any of them, they would all be fine - if so, then might just try any old cheap one to see how it goes - gotta watch the cash at the moment!

With the 600x300 tiles I will not be able to use the guide anyway so guess they are all much the same.

Just see so many different power ratings and motor types, its hard to work out which is best!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back