glass panels - worth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lean-to that's falling to pieces. Before I get someone to take it all down and away in a skip, I wondered if the six, 2ft x ~7ft, slightly frosted glass panels that make up the roof are worth selling?

Sponsored Links
If they are toughened which i suspect they are being part of a lean too then they can't be re-cut to size so unless some one wants them to bulid a cold frame on their allotment then they are worthless, at best a couple of quid each :cry:

OK. And if they're not toughened?

This was very much a diy job about 45 years ago, and one pane did crack a few inches near the corner when being put up. Don't know if that means it's not.

OK. And if they're not toughened?

This was very much a diy job about 45 years ago, and one pane did crack a few inches near the corner when being put up. Don't know if that means it's not.

Well if its just cracked then its not toughened, toughened glass shatters like glass in a car door for example, so now its even float glass ie: just straight forward run of the mill glass or it could be laminated, either way its still not worth a lot, new glass isn't as expensive as you may think so i would just skip it :cry:

Sponsored Links
look out for an old greenhouse on free cycle or the local ads that has lost most of its glass and use it for that, if ..if you are confident about cutting the glass. My greenhouse has been done like this, bit of a mish mash but it appealed to my mean side.
Other than that, as already said skip it or better still advertise it free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back