Glass shower screen.

A

Alltheones

Hi. Just had all my bathroom tiled now looking at 2nd fix. I have a glass shower screen which fits on 2 arms on the top which is fine I have timber behind the tile for this.
it also has 2 little feet at each end on the bottom, I did prep this by moving the underfloor heating so I could drill but I font want to drill the floor (wetroom).
Seem as there is no weight on these feet and they just kind of stop the glass moving I was thinking I’d glue them on. Any recommendations on the glue I can use? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Google "Tiger Seal", they glue cars together with it so should be strong enough!.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I would drill down and squirt silicone into the holes in the floor.

I don't quite understand how those fittings work though. Can you provide more info?

don't quite understand how those fittings work though. Can you provide more info
WRF001_detail1_460.jpg

Thanks. I get it now. So each pane of glass only uses one fitting and the wall end is secured in a channel.

I still wouldn't trust the glue and silicone to secure them, even less so if the tiles are natural stone.

I tend to work on the assumption that if the manufacturer recommends screws, screws should be used. If the fittings are bedded down on silicone prior to screwing down then they should be watertight. A tub of decorator's wipes are always useful for removing excess silicone if the silicone splurges out as you tighten the screws.

Hi thanks for the reply. Because the top holds the weight I just used strong glue at the bottom seemed ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back