Glass Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm about to have glass metro tiles put up behind my worktops including hob, sink and window areas, quite a sizeable area, and would like advice.

As they will form my splashback as well as the worktop/sink wall area, do glass tiles have to be constantly polished or can I just clean them as usual clean and give them the odd buff? Eg Does every mark and fingerprint show up?

They will also be on my kitchen sill, how durable are they, do they crack easily?

Should I specify I would like BAL Microflex or BAL Mosaic grouting used?

We don't have kids in the house but still I don't want to have to worry every time I clean under the plants. Any help and advice is gratefully received as I need to place an order shortly.

Many thanks.
Poppy

Sponsored Links
what colour are they. darker ones show smears etc more

As tpt

What colour..

What size are they.....do they have a backing on them...?

As for fixing..dependant on size....you will need to comb wall then smooth over the comb...IMO white adhesive...bal mosaic fix...to go with your white grout....

As for your sill....what is this made off..?....you need to be carefull off thermal shock...not knowing what you have,I would replace with hardie board or aquapanel ect....

Dear tpt and tictac

Thank you for your replies.

The colour is blue/green.
Size is 100x200x1.5.
The backing of the sample is white. I'm also very concerned that the backing will chip while being put up as my samples seem to chip easily.

I need to place the order tomorrow and really appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Poppy

Sponsored Links
re:chipping -thats not unusual with glass, it'll be ok when fixed. make sure tiler uses a white adhesive as this will help to cover any breaks in the backing.
on the subject of be easy to clean, you will have to keep buffing\cleaning them, but this will be true of any high polished surface, its likely to be worst around the hob\sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back