Gledhill GB35 Combi - please look

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that the boiler above is not available anymore and that spares are almost impossible to find but I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could possible obtain parts?

Looking for a Diverter Valve and Micro Switch for a customer who has no heating, no money and a newborn baby.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
why are spares hard to get? have you phoned Gledhill they're still trading so not sure why no parts? these boilers are not that old asfaik. They are like rocking horse poo though, i never actually seen one in someones house.

the company that built them went bust and gledhill have no spares.

Surely Gledhill have a responsibility by law? 10yrs as far as i remember.
Had a look at the manual, and that DV looks like you won't find one on a similar boiler, not that I can think of anyway. I recognise the motor from somewhere. Do you need the head or the body?

Sponsored Links
The Gledhill boiler making firm went bust!

I had a call from a builder who had built 26 houses with their boilers.

Before the first house was sold the first boiler combustion chamber had split !!!

There is a conpany who advertised repairs to Gledhill boilers and they might supply spares at a price.

But a customer with no money is a waste of time however sorry you feel for her. A single parent I suppose! Guess what I am thinking....

Best to give a quote for a new boiler and the number for Warmfront!

Yeah defo a waste of time hence why not worrying too much about it, if they want to spend hrs trawling the net trying to find the parts then good luck to them.

It's a couple, he seems to have a good job but not sure what she does so warmfront will probably not apply to them.

Have given them a price for new boiler (various options) but they just can't afford it.

They always pay me for my time there and no issue when had to try and find a PRV for it a few months ago.

If its a couple and at least one working then they should be able to manage a new boiler somehow, perhaps with a bank loan.

Can anyone post a picture of the motor and microswitch? The latter should be an industry standard anyway.

Tony

The diverter looks very similar to the stepper motor used on the Vitodens 100 range.

How do you know that its faulty?

Better question, why do you think its faulty?

There is no law about supplying spares.

Even if there was, then nothing can be done when the firm has gone bust!

Many of these plastic boiler blocks are made/supplied by the pump makers, e.g. Grundfoss, Wilo etc.

Tony

They contacted me over the weekend to say they had no dhw or ch.

He'd investigated the issue himself as I believe he does something in the electronics industry and discovered that a wire on the pcb had come loose.

This wire was part of the loom that went to the dhw flow/temp sensor and once put back into the terminal block they had hot water again so that issue was resolved.

The pump gets hot as you'd expect but really hot,
so hot that you can't keep your hand on it so wondered if the pump was failing? But logic was pointing me towards the dv or micro switch but I may be wrong.

When calling for heat the boiler fires up for 10secs and then goes out!

Whatever is at fault obtaining a part is near on impossible, a replacement pump might be available from Grundfoss?

You'd of thought that with a baby they would look at a loan or something to help them out especially now that autumn/winter is coming.

[/youtube]

as for the law on spares i'm sure it's only seven years!!

Gledhill say that there are a few spares left but once they run out of a particular one then that's it. Not checked with regards the law.

Cant get spares?

I am led to believe that there is no legal obligation for a manufacturer to provide spares in this regard, although there are some trade associations who require their members to ensure products are not rendered useless due to the absence of spare parts.

There are lots of topics on the web re this.

SniperOne

From what you say in your post at 8.02 this morning you may not need any parts.

Ask your self two questions,

1, why would a boiler keep cutting out after a few seconds?

2, why is the pump so hot?

answer those two and you may solve the problem

David

SniperOne

From what you say in your post at 8.02 this morning you may not need any parts.

Ask your self two questions,

1, why would a boiler keep cutting out after a few seconds?

2, why is the pump so hot?

answer those two and you may solve the problem

David

Am I missing the obvious???

I am new to working on boilers and don't want to make mistakes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back