Gliderol Rollematic RW1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above fitted to my roller door and the courtesy light in the control unit has failed. I have not tested the circuit board containing the actual LED lights so I can't be certain it is the light board that is faulty or whether there is a failure on the main circuit board.

I am trying to see if it is possible to fit an alternative light to the door unit using the existing circuit board connections

The unit was installed some years ago, possibly as far back as 1998. There is a Gliderol RW1 label on the unit.

I have been in contact with Gliderol but they are unable to help me as it is an old model. and they can't or won't provide any technical support They also told to me to contact Somfy (www.somfy.co.uk) who were apparently the manufacturer of the unit but they have told me that they do not recognise the unit as one they have ever produced.

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Yes, that looks the same. I will have to take another look at the PCB and see if it has the external light connection as the model number on the diagram you posted is different.

I was unable to get any help from either Gliderol or Somfy Products who were the manufacturer of the unit, according to Gliderol but who said they did not recognise it as something they manufactured at any time.

Hi, have checked and there is a four-pin connector. A couple of the diagrams I have looked at show it needs an additional PCB but not sure about that. Assuming it doesn't then the next thing would be to find a light of the correct voltage and pin connection. No idea where to look for that.

Sponsored Links
Hi, have checked and there is a four-pin connector. A couple of the diagrams I have looked at show it needs an additional PCB but not sure about that.

If that four pin output is working, then the additional PCB will simply be a relay of some sort, to power the external light. Chances are, that if there are multiple LED's, which have all stopped working at the same time, that part of the entire circuit has failed.

Maybe worth checking those four pins with a meter, whilst operating the door.

Have you made any progress with this? Is the courtesy light definitely an led rather than just an ordinary plug in filament bulb, ours is. If it is a board problem that is not switching on the light then I think it unlikely to be switching an output to that external light connector plug which I guess is just paralleled with the light, so even with the additional pcb it is unlikely to work. Did you manage to speak to Adam if not ring them back and ask for him. The parts lady tries to be helpful but she is not very technically skilled . As I said previously if you pm me I will give you his mobile number but won't publish it here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back