gloss or eggshell???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what do professional painters use on skirting to get the best finish. Ive fitted new skirting and door trims to all of my house and painted some. Ive found that gloss gives a nice shiny finish but doesnt stay white for long and goes yellow, or ive used egg shell which is a lot whiter and stays white but is duller and you can see all the brush strokes. Please advise which is the best paint to use for the ultimate professional finish, thanks Rick

Sponsored Links
All oil based paints will yellow after time even more so since the lowering of the voc levels, you say the eggshell you applied showed brush marks was this an oil or waterbased/acrylic eggshell.

Dec

acrylic based, i thought if it was oil it would go yellow? what is the best paint to use? what make/model? ive replaced all the skirting i dont want to let it down with poor paint thanks again

Sponsored Links
I thought perhaps the the eggshell was acrylic, when using acrylic paints a far better finish will be obtained using a synthetic bristle brush and my favourite is the purdy. If you are looking for a gloss finish that will stay white one of the better ones in my opinion is Leyland Acrylux yet you will need to practice both your application method and technique to achieve the best results.

Acrylic paints are the future of the trade and applying them correctly has been a learning curve for us all, yet if you want a stay white finish they are the way to go.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back