Gloss or Vynil Silk my skirtings. no yellowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chums.
I'm about to paint my skirtings etc and I,m looking at how yellow the old gloss has gone in only 2 years.
I'm tinking ill paint them in vynil silk emulsion. the main reason behind it is it doesent go yellow ( i hope). anybody got any thoughts on this?? Cheers Chums..
all the best mark

Sponsored Links
hi there, one of the main problems with white oil based gloss is how much it yellows.the acrylic gloss isnt just as hard a finish but doesnt yellow at all(well not in all the time ive been using it)dont consider vinyl silk though as there is no strength to it at all.only ideal for walls etc

Cheers Matey,
The wife has beten me to it and did it all in gloss. still got bedrooms to do in a few weeks so will be looking to see if there is an acrillic white gloss suitible for skirtings etc... much aprciated for the reply. all the best mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back