GLOW PLUGS 98 ESPACE TURBO DIESEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Is possible for me to change the glowplugs as above.

Its takes ages to turnover in after being off for a while.

Cheers
Rico

Sponsored Links
Tommy,

Thanks for the reply.

A bit of both really,can I? and how do I?

Rico

Sponsored Links
If its the 2.2 dt then they appear to be a bit of a pig to get at. You may have to remove some of the plumbing in front of them to get access. You can see the wiring going from plug to plug secured with a small nut which is extremely easy to lose. You might then beable to get an extended socket, possibly with a universal joint attached, on. There are also purpose built rachet ring spanners designed as glow plug removal tools. Where you get the plugs from should have one. Careful when undoing as they can shear off. When refitting new its an idea to smear the threads with copper slip or similar. Do not over tighten as this can ruin the internal bits and it won't work. I'd also check if there is a fuse for the glow plug circuit possibly in the passenger side foot well or there is something on the wing which has higher rated fuses. There is also apparently a glow plug control relay, but god knows where thats hidden which may have given up the ghost. One advertised on ebay last night, Saturday 0111.

Back