Glow worm 100e not igniting

P

PaulcStead

Morning, my glow worm compact 100e has stopped igniting, appeared to be intermittent last week but now locks out all the time. I’m not sure if the pressure switch has gone again or if the fan has given up. If I remove the silver cover slightly that clips underneath, the boiler will fire up but not on its own. Could I have a fan failing?

Sponsored Links
stop releasing the combustion chamber housing and gt a registered engineer to sort it, we cant give you any advice on an open forum relating to gas safety issues sorry

To be clear, I am NOT touching any gas area of the boiler just the cover and not the chamber where the burner is.

The cover forms part of the safety system ie. a sealed box.
It's appears to be a straightforward problem that a registered gas engineer should have no trouble sorting out.
Have a quick check that the cap on the test point on top of the boiler is still present.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your polite feedback as ever Gasguru, you are the only one on this site who has actually helped. For ref Ianmcd, my heating engineer was booked to arrive today and he fixed the issue which was NOT gas related. Thanks for your snotty input!

When we say gas related we mean anything to do with combustion including fans, air sensing, gas train, combustion seals etc. You are not in a position to decide what constitutes gas safety or not...read the forum rules. Lately there has been a slide and more and more safety related posts are cropping up with poor advice..especially from fellow diyers. The site only hosts gas and electrical forums on the understanding that rules are obeyed. It's to protect everyone including your safety as well as the forum from litigation.
Having visited many posters on here to repair their boilers I can vouch for the extraordinary danger they have put themselves and their families in with their incompetent efforts at repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back