glow worm 12hxi boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my glow worm boiler keeps shutting off, when turned back sometimes works ok for hours or comes up with code f4 then f1 looked in the book read the lists of reasons for this, can anyone tell me if this is common and what the answer to the problem might be ?

Sponsored Links
I'm not a boiler engineer, just a householder with a 15hxi.

The first things I'd check, given the current weather, are to make sure the flue is not blocked by snow, and that the condensate pipework is clear of ice.

I think that cleaning the condensate trap requires removal of the inner panel, and should be done by a registered engineer.

If the layout of the pipes is favourable, you can disconnect the condensate pipe and check it's clear. This will be a push fit plastic pipe that exits the boiler under the right hand side near the wall. You can pour hot water on / down this pipe if there's ice inside.

Sponsored Links
Very rare to have to remove the condensate trap on these to clean them out.

Although there could be several cause of the ignition lock out, Glow Worm have had problems with the pcb on these that will give this erratic fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back