Glow Worm 30 CXi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my house I have a Glow Worm 30 CXi boiler and i have been having a shed load of problems, the boiler was paid by the previous owner of the house in Feb 05.

In November 06 my boiler lost all pressure and i was unable to repressurise the system via the filling tap so i called a plumber who came and looked at it and said it was the filling loop, he replaced it and the boiler worked brilliantly.

In Feb 08, i came home to find water all over my kitchen and it was pouring out of the boiler so i isolated the water and found the filling loop on the other side of the room, along with another valve (think it was the outlet valve), so i called a plumber and he told me that he couldnt find the fault but checked all the pressures etc. He said that the filling loop had most likely been installed incorrectly causing back pressure. He put all the valves back on, the filling loop and switched the water back on. He then proceeded to watch the boiler with the hot water and heating full pelt for an hour - All working again but at the cost of just over a hundred pounds due to out of hours.

Now i have a serious problem which i cant find the fault, at the start of the week the hot water failed. I can run the hot water for 60 seconds and then i get the F14 fault, wait 30 seconds and the fault goes away. This is constant so at the moment i am limping along, strange thing is i can have the heating on permenanty and i dont get the fault (ran the heating for over an hour). I am not an expert but i know the error code relates to a core temperature over 95 degrees,

Can anyone advise any tests i can carry out before i spend a shed load more money????

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back