Glow Worm 30 SXi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
18 months ago I had a Glow Worm 30sxi boiler fitted to replace an 20yr old floor mounted boiler. The old boiler was so quiet you just did not know it was there.

Technology has moved on and this new boiler is vastly more efficient but it is so noisy. It's not so bad once it's up to running temp but when it starts in the morning the noise from the fan, as it builds the heat from zero to 62 degs, is like a jet taking off. Is this normal?

I've had the Glow Worm engineers back 3 times and they say it is but why would they say anything else. Is this high fan noise normal with new modern boilers?

Sponsored Links
Individual boilers do vary, but yes. Concorde taking off is the phrase used with some.
Tell them it squeals intermittently and try to get a replacement fan out of them, it might make a difference.

I would say no it is not normal.

Trouble with the cheap Glow worm is that the second year warranty is parts only. They will want a card payment of £125 before sending an engineer out :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back