glow worm 30cxi have checked other replies, i have no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I checked other replies and others with a similar problem state the water is not hot but mine is not running when I turn any hot water tap on.

the boiler and central heating system is 2yrs 5 mnths old and in this last year has lost pressure 3 times. yesterday the pressure dropped to .3 so I filled as usual until it reached 1.bar but when it fired up it rose to a worrying 1.9bar.
I have heating but no water. i have phoned the engineer but would like to know if anyone can help with this. I am a pensioner so need to watch the coppers.
thanks

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel is failed, needs repressurising or the communication pipe is blocked.

It rather sounds as if the boiler was fitted to a dirty system without having cleaned it. Even when the rads are new it still needs cleaning.

That may have been because you were ripped off, some people do that to pensioners, or they were lazy and slapdash or perhaps because you refused to pay to have it cleaned or just accepted an unreasonably low quotation which was insufficient to ensure a good job was done.

Was the installer Gas Registered?

Did the installer complete the benchmark certificate?

Do you know what he did to clean the system?

How much did you pay to have it installed?

How long did it take?

Tony

hi tony
thanks for replying.

The engineer is registered and i do have a certificate but dont know if it was cleaned. I paid £3300 for the system to be installed in a small 3 bed semi and it took 1-2 weeks.

The fitter has just called me and suggested it might be the heat exchanger. is it expensive? what should i look at paying?
what is the expansion vessel and do you know what is the likely cost to be

Can you explain EXACTLT what is and is not happening with the hot water?

So far I think the porlbems may all be as a result of poor installation and cleaning of the system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
But thats the leaks.

This boiler has some ( as yet unidentified ) problem with the hot water.

Tony

phoned the engineer yesterday morning, he phoned back lunchtime said he would call 3 hours later.
he came when he said he would and said the leak has been there some time and tightening the nut may fix it and he was right. I could not see the leak because it was at the back of the cupboard I know it was not there immediately after the installation.
there was no charge for call out or fixing problem.

I am very grateful for all your replies thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back