Glow worm 35f spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello group, my mothers Glow Worm 35F boiler has given up the ghost, the council installed these boilers in all the properties on the estate about 17 years ago. I am also running an identical unit and all in all they are very robust and need little attention, however the pilot light is refusing to spark on my Mothers. I've already had a quick look and noticed that the internal 1amp fuse had blown, I've replaced this but its a no go, I'm going to take a look at the fan & AP switch this afternoon, failing that I'm looking at replacing the PCB. What I want to know is, has anyone got a spare PCB, the model# printed on the board is: - RV0510 1013. Or if found faulty, a spare fan?
Any advice on general faults with these would be appreciated.
Regards
Otto

PS, the home is not council owned anymore so they are not responsible.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, should have mentioned that the pump is running, it runs continuous whether the boiler fires or not, I think this is referred to as "pump over run".
Regards
Otto

Pumps can run but still blow fuses.

pilot light is refusing to spark
I should hope so too, I'd worry if it sparked.

I think you're out of your depth.
You can check/change the pump if necessary, but it's illegal/dangerous for you to do "work" on the boiler parts you mention.

See the sticky post at the top of the section...

Sponsored Links
ChrisR";p="1024703 said:
Pumps can run but still blow fuses.

I changed the fuse for an identical one, 1 amp fast blow and this one remained intact which makes me think the pump is OK.

pilot light is refusing to spark
I should hope so too, I'd worry if it sparked.

What I meant was that there was no ignition with the pilot.

I think you're out of your depth.
You can check/change the pump if necessary, but it's illegal/dangerous for you to do "work" on the boiler parts you mention.

I wouldn't dream of messing with the gas parts, I'm an ex TV/Video repair technician so I am quite handy around the PCB, the reason I haven't taken it on at full takle yet is that I'm still a little fragile from last night. Thanks for your advice Chris, much appreciated.

I've ascertained that the extract fan is at fault, 240v AC getting to the windings but the fan won't function. The fan does spin freely so this would eliminate the bearings. So, can anyone supply me with a fan for one of these.
Regards
Otto

Your local HRPC will sell you one.

HOWEVER!!!! This is a positive pressure case on this and not very suitable for a DIY repair.

Thanks superdupergasman, can you explain how the boiler detects that the fan is working, as I didn't see any speed sensor?
Regards
Otto

The fan blows on positive pressure boiler and sucks on negative pressure boiler therefore positive pressure=danger.

Hole in boiler casing or a dodgy seal to the combustion chamber can result in POC entering the living space with a positive fan flued boiler meaning that you could endanger life.

POC=Products of Combustion.

Don't take a chance. These boilers (positive pressure) have resulted in fatalities in the past.

Tony.

Managed to get a replacement fan for £115 on Ebay, fitted to the boiler and hey presto, worked first time, I only ran it for 30 seconds. A friend of a friend (corgi)is due out later this afternoon to run a leak test.
Thanks for all your help guys.
Otto :D

Managed to get a replacement fan for £115 on Ebay, fitted to the boiler and hey presto, worked first time, I only ran it for 30 seconds. A friend of a friend (corgi)is due out later this afternoon to run a leak test.
Thanks for all your help guys.
Otto :D

115! you have been done

no more that 60 quid from my stockists!

send it back and get one at a resonable price

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back