glow worm 65 80B gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having trouble with my boiler and think I need replacement gas valve but local parts companies are saying this part is obsolete
Its the one with brown pilot knob and 3/4" inlet. Not certain what part number is
Any help appreciated in getting replacement

Sponsored Links
Not ben made for at least 15 years try ebay some secondhand ones and the occasional new one

thanks for reply
is there any difference between blue and brown is the inlet 3/4"
Regards
Pete

Sponsored Links
If its a 3/4 ITT Maclaren valve, I have a brand new one in my garage. Rare as hens teeth and priced as such.

Thanks for the reply
Not certain if its ITT Mclaren valve but will check
It looks same as picture above with blue pilot handle but has brown one and inlet is 3/4"
If it is right one what price is it
Regards
Pete

havent seen an ITT Mclaren in years , am I right in thinking that the blue button was 24V DC and the brown was 240V AC ? cant really remember

One is brown one is blue :LOL: :LOL: purely age they used to be brown and grey .
BUT Years later the biggest manufacturer of as valves (honeywell ) associated blue with 24v and black with 240v and other manufacturers copied so ITT Mclaren gas valves fitted on domestic boilers where in the majority 24v and where coloured blue

One is brown one is blue :LOL: :LOL: purely age they used to be brown and grey .
BUT Years later the biggest manufacturer of as valves (honeywell ) associated blue with 24v and black with 240v and other manufacturers copied so ITT Mclaren gas valves fitted on domestic boilers where in the majority 24v and where coloured blue

Thanks a lot cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back