Glow-worm 85/100-B Boiler and Expansion Tank Flow

jrw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Glow-Worm 85/100-B Boiler feeding our Hot Water System however it was drained recently and flushed by our plumber however since then whenever the Hot Water is on and pumping there is a constant dribble of hot water into the Feed and Expansion Tank.

I've turned down the temperature on the Boiler to about 75% and it still has a constant dribble out into the F&E Tank.

Does anyone have a manual for the Glow-worm 85/100-B Boiler so I can determine where the Thermostat is so I can check it is okay.

Any other pointers on what the issue may be ?

Sponsored Links
You don't describe your system type but if its fully pumped with motorised valves then I suggest that the fault is not with the boiler but almost certainly a circulation/blockage problem causing pumping over.The thermostat phial is in a dry pocket on top front of heat exch.Not much in the way of parts available for this boiler.Get your plumber back or if you feel capable start by checking for blockages around cold feed/open vent where it connects to your system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back