Glow worm BBU replacement coals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an old, but very reliable Glow worm Fireblaze BBU, on service the gas engineer has disconnected the fireplace due to missing cola beds (destroyed by kids). Boiler still in good WO.

Parts (S230127 Fuel Pack) are obsolete as far as I can tell with some rigorous searching.

Figured there may be someone out there who may have some sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere, or who may have an idea if a replacement gas fire can go on the front of the boiler unit...

Would upgrade the system myself but house has just sold and struggling with the concept of upgrading boiler and fire system for someone else benefit...

Sponsored Links
You cannot change the fire randomly, although there were probably a few choices when the boiler was new.
Have you scoured ebay etc for a s'hand fire, from which you could use the coals?

Would upgrade the system myself but house has just sold and struggling with the concept of upgrading boiler and fire system for someone else benefit...

Nevertheless, it'll be in the contract of sale that the boiler unit (therefore including the fire) is in working order, and so if you leave it not working the new owners will be well within their rights to sue you for the cost of getting it sorted

I'm getting a part number of 210211, available here Which version of the Fireblaze is it? Do you have a serial number?

Last edited:
Not neccessarily, Mugs. If you declare that the fire is inoperative, and the purchaser does not object,them all is good.
Chances are that the purchasers hate the fire and intend to revamp anyway.

Sponsored Links
Not neccessarily, Mugs. If you declare that the fire is inoperative, and the purchaser does not object,them all is good.
Chances are that the purchasers hate the fire and intend to revamp anyway.

Indeed, but as "The house has just sold" that would imply contacts have already been exchanged, and the contract will most likely say that it's working

Have an old, but very reliable Glow worm Fireblaze BBU, on service the gas engineer has disconnected the fireplace due to missing cola beds (destroyed by kids). Boiler still in good WO.

Parts (S230127 Fuel Pack) are obsolete as far as I can tell with some rigorous searching.

Figured there may be someone out there who may have some sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere, or who may have an idea if a replacement gas fire can go on the front of the boiler unit...

I can remember Glow-worm running a large trade advertising campaign for a new device called the "Glowbetween" that enabled you to fit a new gas fire onto an old bb unit (would have been ideal for you 20 years ago) !

Can't say that I ever fitted one though and the Glowbetween was doomed to be committed to the museum of plumbing ideas that didn't catch on
servotech,

It's unlikely that anyone will see this but I am having this exact problem and wondered if the OP found a solution or not. I don't know of any old boiler breakers yards...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back