Glow Worm Boiler small leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.
I have a small leak in my GlowWorm 24cxi boiler.
See the photo:

And to help (maybe) I've included a photo of it's rough location:

So water is coming out with a hiss (at some pressure) at the bottom of where that component joins(?) another . I think it's dripping from the cold water supply not the heating circuit as my pressure doesn't drop and the water is cold.
I'm wondering if it's something I can possibly repair? Could I take that component out and reseat it or do i push that metal pin holding it in down further ? [/img]

Sponsored Links
The clip has not been fitted properly it needs pushing fully home and hopefully it will stop the leak. If not then it may need taking apart and a new o ring fitted.

Just to let you know, I couldn't fix this myself as I didn't have the time or tools. The engineer took the assembly block apart and just replaced it all with new bits. Bloody nightmare really, crap boiler!

Sponsored Links
To be fair to the boiler ( in this case ) they rarely leak in that position.

The fact that the clip was not correctly fitted usually means that it had been removed before and not put back correctly.

Those "O" ring joints need to be cleaned very carefully and then reassembled using silicone grease.

Tony

To be fair to the boiler ( in this case ) they rarely leak in that position.

The fact that the clip was not correctly fitted usually means that it had been removed before and not put back correctly.

Those "O" ring joints need to be cleaned very carefully and then reassembled using silicone grease.

Tony

i've seen a few leak from the flow switch, as well as numerous other's!
id keep a bucket under it :LOL:

Appriciate the feedback. I bought the house with a bucket under the boiler, and, as you recommended - it's still there!

I've been told the boiler is only tested to 6? bar of pressure and our water flow can get upto 10bar at night. So I guess that would explain the number of leaks my boiler develops over time. Which is why I'm on British Gas Home Care - just biding my time till it happens again.

If you have such a high overnight pressure you need a pressure reducing valve.

PS: Do you have a water meter? These have a non return valve in them that can cause excessive pressure in a combi causing all manner of leak related grief, a small expansion vessel is needed.

If you have BG plan, why not call them and get the leak sorted?

If you have such a high overnight pressure you need a pressure reducing valve.

PS: Do you have a water meter? These have a non return valve in them that can cause excessive pressure in a combi causing all manner of leak related grief, a small expansion vessel is needed.

Yea its metered, thanks for advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back