Glow Worm Compact 100 E - water not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glow worm compact 100E that shows the gas pressure exactly 2.

Sequence of events:
1) I switch on taps for hot water.
2) The "SANITARY DEMAND" light takes 10 seconds to glow.
3) Once it starts glowing then "BURNER IGNITION" light takes 5 seconds to glow.
4) "BURNER runs for 5 seconds then the red light "BOILER LOCKOUT" gets glowed.
5) I press the "RESET BUTTON" then the red light is off.
6) During all the above "SANITARY DEMAND" light is fluctuating with a sequence of clicking sounds OR
7) During all the above "BURNER IGNITION" light is fluctuating with a sequence of clicking sounds

8) If I am lucky then after leaving the hot water tap ON for 5 min and trying all the above, the hot start flowing OK for good time any further trouble

all the had to done every time, I switch on hot water tap.

Please note that when I leave the boiler on "WINTER SETTINGS" i.e. both water and radiator ON then all is OK.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
I'd hazard a guess at either a diverter or diaphragm fault, or maybe a combination of the two. Time to call a boiler engineer out to it

Incidentally your gas pressure is not 2 (if it was you'd have a major problem) the pressure shown on the front is the pressure of the water in your heating system

How do I ensure that I am approaching a competent engineer?

I stay in south Belfast

Sponsored Links
talk to friends and neighbours horse,see if they have a contact they know and trust
after that its pot luck in the papers or ads, even then you could get lucky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back