glow worm compact, hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a glowworm compact combi, and currently it senses a demand for hot water even though the taps are all off and no dripping.
I disconnected the plug for the diverter valve micro switch and the other sensor to the diverter valve and its still the same.
My question is really, would it be the pcb at fault or are there other things that could/should be checked b4 replacing the pcb?
thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
turn off cold supply to boiler, open and close hot tap, turn boiler off for a minute and then back on. see what happens

The hot water gland is probably leaking and siezed up. The microswitch may also be full of water. Its just below and to the left of the pump.

Change the diaphragm, cover, gland and the switch.

ty guys,
tried what you said Ben and it is exactly the same, stuck on constant demand h/w.
gonna have a look at the hot water gland later tomorrow gasguru ty for the quick response n thanks for your help both.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back