Glow Worm Economy Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

I have recently moved into a house with a Glow Worm Economy Plus Boiler (Model EP40B). Initially it seemed to work fine. About a month ago I was not getting any hot water, I suspected the motorised valve was dead and changed the motor and it worked fine.

Over the last couple of days the pilot light has gone out. Initially we could relight the boiler, however since yesterday we have not been able to get past the ignition stage, i.e:

Turn the Thermo knob to zero
Keep the Gas Control Button pressed
Press the igniotn button until the pilot appears.

When it appears I let go of the ignition button and the pilot disappears. I followed the instructions about trying again after 3 minutes with no luck.

Can any of you suggest what may be the problem. I suspect an engineer will have to come out, unless I'm missing something.

Terry

Sponsored Links
Guys

I have recently moved into a house with a Glow Worm Economy Plus Boiler (Model EP40B). Initially it seemed to work fine. About a month ago I was not getting any hot water, I suspected the motorised valve was dead and changed the motor and it worked fine.

Over the last couple of days the pilot light has gone out. Initially we could relight the boiler, however since yesterday we have not been able to get past the ignition stage, i.e:

Turn the Thermo knob to zero
Keep the Gas Control Button pressed
Press the igniotn button until the pilot appears.

When it appears I let go of the ignition button and the pilot disappears. I followed the instructions about trying again after 3 minutes with no luck.

Can any of you suggest what may be the problem. I suspect an engineer will have to come out, unless I'm missing something.

Terry
hi i have had one of these boilers for years and get the same prob every so often you need to unscrew the pilot jet and clean it .it will be blocked with crap in the gas, it is very easy to do

teggs, its almost certainly the thermacouple, but since to fix it you need to remove the boiler case, so its not a diy job, a decent plumber will fix it for around £50 ish,,depending where you live,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back