Glow Worm Energy 35 Store combi

Sponsored Links
Unvented every time. If you have the space it's a much better option. Storage combis are huge, expensive and difficult to repair. Most will run away if it needs fixing. An unvented cylinder has the backup of an immersion heater if the boiler has a fault and can supply as many outlets as your water supply can cope with. A storage combi cannot.

thanks wannocks

the mains flow at the moment is only 10/12 ltrs which isnt adequate for an unvented system it seems. could you suggest if having an unvented cylinder will atleast provide 10/12 ltrs to simultaneous taps or showers?

Unvented every time. If you have the space it's a much better option. Storage combis are huge, expensive and difficult to repair. Most will run away if it needs fixing. An unvented cylinder has the backup of an immersion heater if the boiler has a fault and can supply as many outlets as your water supply can cope with. A storage combi cannot.

If your Max mains flow rate is 10-12l/min at one tap then it will split down when running multiple taps, ie maybe 7l/min at one and 4l/min at the other.

No point in a cylinder or a storage combi at that flow rate, a standard 30/35kw combi will heat that fine, but may be even less of a flow rate once it passes through any sort of combi/storage unit or cylinder

Sponsored Links
As SGM said. Didn't spot the flow rate, I was thinking about the unvented v storage combi question. Better to see if anything can be done to improve your mains flow rate or stick with gravity.

SGM, Wannocks - thanks again

yes, I am exploring the possibility of upgrading the lead supply pipe coming into the property to wider poly pipe. I wonder though if it is generally adequate just to upgrade the pipe from the external boundary stop-cock to the internal stop cock? Replacing the internal cooper works in the property isn't an option for me at this time..

As SGM said. Didn't spot the flow rate, I was thinking about the unvented v storage combi question. Better to see if anything can be done to improve your mains flow rate or stick with gravity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back