Glow worm fan replacement - seal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a GlowWorm boiler, a fuel saver F model 100F which is around 1989 vintage and is fine apart from a noisy fan. My local Gas Safe man checked with his usual supplier and the fan is obsolete but he did say if I found one he would fit it as part of the next service. I have bought and received a brand new item (old stock from a local company) but it is missing the seal that goes between the fan and rear casing of the boiler. If you google the fan part number 417876 then a silver foil looking seal is on the original manufacturers photos but various eBay reconditioners seeem to sell them with a foam looking seal. Any ideas what seal I can get/what is suitable? Thanks

Sponsored Links
either seal will do but dont know if you can buy just the seal they usually come with the fan.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back