Glow Worm Flexicom 30cx :Odd leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed 2010 and regaularly serviced. Last service October 21.

Works fine, with no issues.

However it has started to leak-though never when the house. is occupied.

Went to Scotland over hogmanay for a week and when we returned there had been a leak of water.Not a huge amount, most had been caught in a cooking foil tray (Think chicken in a bag size).

No leak obvious from the boiler though water pressure was lowish (0.8 bar) so I topped up.

Following week we were at home, no problems. heating comes on at 15:00-20:00 then off overnight

Over the last month or so we have been away from the house most weeks for either at least 2-3 nights.
Weather has been variable-sometimes freezing sometimes 6-7 degrees at night.
Boiler is set to 5 degree anti frost temp.

On our return there is evidence of a leak (I put containers under the boiler to catch it). Not a huge amount , maybe a cupful per day we are away.

Took off the cover had a look but could only see pooling of water at the bottom of the boiler-nothing obviuosly leaking.

Thought it may be temperature related so next time we were away I set the thermostat to come one at 11 degree and put it in the same room as the boiler.

Two days away-leak evident when returned.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have the same boiler. If the leak is at the bottom left hand side of boiler it could be the flow link pipe, mines been replaced 3 times so far. On my boiler the bottom left of the case had wetness and the condensate pipe too as the flow link pipe is above this area.

impossible to advise with your description could be anything
What more information do you want?

What is puzzling me is that it never leaks whilst wwe are in the house.

The boiler is idle for over 24hrs when we're out so why does it leak only then as it does not leak when it is off during it's normal daytime\nightime operation.

Sponsored Links
I have the same boiler. If the leak is at the bottom left hand side of boiler it could be the flow link pipe, mines been replaced 3 times so far. On my boiler the bottom left of the case had wetness and the condensate pipe too as the flow link pipe is above this area.
Did yours leak after an idle period of 24 hours? There is a drip on the condensate pipe elbow but that maybe becasue the water runs along the bottom of the casing and drops out over most of the front.

Mine mainly leaked when the boiler was running heating but could also of been when it was idle. Yes I had the drip on the condensate elbow, and bottom edge of case side was wet.

But as ianmcd said could be anything. I only mention flow link pipe as I have had it changed so often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back