Glow-worm fuel saver 80 F cut out problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help I have just moved into a new house that has a Glow-worm Fuel Saver 80 F. the boiler lights up fine and then runs for about 30 – 40 seconds and then shuts down for about 30-40 seconds and continues like this, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi and thanks for your response, I’m sure the pump (Granfos) is running and the boiler stat is on full. I have a spare pump as this one is set on position 3 as it makes a noise when set on position 2, could that be the answer then?

Sponsored Links
SORRY air pressure switch. THINK it a large white plastic one near gas valve on that boiler. or could be a blockage in the venturi on the fan.

Many thanks for your help, i'll have a look at both of them tomorrow and let you know how i've got on. thanks again

The Trout Catcher said:
Help I have just moved into a new house that has a Glow-worm Fuel Saver 80 F. the boiler lights up fine and then runs for about 30 – 40 seconds and then shuts down for about 30-40 seconds and continues like this, any ideas?

I would be fairly sure that your problem is the fan, which overheats causing a resettable thermal fuse attached to the winding to open and cut out

If this is the case, please acknowledge that this was the problem, then they will know better next time

As Raden says, this sounds like the fan as I had the same trouble a few years back. I fitted a recon unit which cost £25. It's an easy fix if you are reasonably mechanically-minded. What is your experience?

Thanks Paulie, i can tackle most things and have an engineering back ground so should be ok to do this. Do you remember what part it was.

raden said:
The Trout Catcher said:

I would be fairly sure that your problem is the fan, which overheats causing a resettable thermal fuse attached to the winding to open and cut out

If this is the case, please acknowledge that this was the problem, then they will know better next time

I have noticed that none of the 'experts' on here have commented on Radens comments.

Is this because he is probably right AGAIN.

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
[If this is the case, please acknowledge that this was the problem, then they will know better next time
I have noticed that none of the 'experts' on here have commented on Radens comments.
s this because he is probably right AGAIN.

Best not to blaspheme like that

I'm not CORGI Reg'd, I know nuffnk !

raden said:
[I would be fairly sure that your problem is the fan, which overheats causing a resettable thermal fuse attached to the winding to open and cut out

Is it really a resettable thermal fuse?

All the ones I have ever found in fans have been a one shot fuse!

Tony

both exist

.. but there are a significant number of fans with resettable thermal fuses out there - and it confuses a significant number of CORGIs because they are not aware of the fact

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back