boiler will not light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glow worm fuel saver 80f boiler , the fan runs but will not light if you bang the fron cover it will light first time (found this out by replacing the lower cover wilst it was trying to light ) any ideas ?? help please

Sponsored Links
I think that its not a DIY repair and that you need to call a gas reg engineer!

Tony

thats what I intend to do but as boilers are not my thing I would like to know a clue to what it could be, as there are some people who like to rip people off

Regards

ps it helps the fan is running slow on start up

could very well be the fan if its running slow. Worth getting someone in, but fans arn't cheap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks , i have been online there are recon fans from allspares.com for £44 . are they easy to fit , looking at it it is only held in by 3 screws

hows putting a quid on the pcb gonna solve it :rolleyes: you should know better this common fault is thermo collector. and a pain to do.

you might damage the flux condenser whilst trying to get the theromo collector out. They always seize on this model.

You might want to start with a flux capaciter that might take you back intime and make you think if you really should of started this thread ! :LOL:

tony says
I think that its not a DIY repair and that you need to call a gas reg engineer!

Tony

you say
thats what I intend to do but as boilers are not my thing

then you say
i have been online there are recon fans from allspares.com for £44 . are they easy to fit , looking at it it is only held in by 3 screws

so at what point was the engineer coming then??

:oops: i guess he didn't turn up, must apologise he must have had a busy day.

Oh and while we are at it guys i KNOW this is not the fan, p.c.b, flux ccondenser(although you are right eco it is really easy to damage the thermo collector)
gas pro the sonium transfunctioner is really awkward.

The fault is ddefinitelythe gas valve and guess what you need a pro to do it because it is hidden in the time space continuim of the delta quadrant :mrgreen:

I am virtually sure it is not the flux capacitor; I have never seen one fail on this model. It's the bigger brother of these where they are a problem.
It could be the pcb but I would not put a quid on it as suggested above.
If the boiler starts up every time when you bang the cover, you should look at the diverter valve, or zone valve depending on what is used.
If you give the boiler a good bang, it bounces the primary side contacts of the relay, which causes a momentary induction voltage which works as a boost to jumpstart the diver/zone valve moving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back