glow worm pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a glow worm 24 ci combi boiler and recently opened the valve on a radiator that hasn`t been used for a good while ( spare bedroom) .A while later the boiler shut down with red fault light ( not sure if f2 or f4 ).

After switching off at the plug then on again all was ok ( green light ) but later on I noticed the pressure was at 1 bar and suspect some air was present in the mentioned radiator.

The problem is that I attempted to open the filler tube knob to increase pressure but although the knob turned fully no water was heard to enter the system. Since then the boiler will shut down every few days but will always work again when switched off then on.

Not being a plumber is this a big problem to get sorted, has anyone any quick fixes to free up the filler valve. Thanks, John

Sponsored Links
Did you open both valves?

There's one at each end of the filling loop.

Just to make things easier they can fall off which means you need pliers.

These valves are notoriously carp and although you can get a new one usually about £30 and replacement is DIYable IMO, it is best to fit an external filling loop.
Sometimes you can take the valve out, carefully dismantle it and put it back together and you just might be lucky.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thought it only had 1 valve, in the past it always filled by opening the one mentioned and if there are 2 valves I`m sure no-one has touched the other one.

Or does it have an inbuilt filling loop?

Inbuilt ones on glowworm combis mogget.

Sounds like you need a replacement, should be able to get one online (your manual will have the part number in it) and fit it yourself

Hi thanks for those replies, I do have a manual for it somewhere but its vanished from where it should be.

Can anyone briefly explain what needs to be done to either free up or replace valve, Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back