Glow Worm Spacesaver 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into our new house just before xmas, it has a spacesaver 50 in the garage, the house was built in 1979 and looking at the bolier its been in since then.

Anyway, the problem i have is, when i set the controls to hot water only we get the heating aswell. I've done a bit of digging around on the interweb and i think the problem may be the diverter valve???? although i have hunted high and low, i cant seem to identify where it is, the pipe from the pump goes into the ceiling in the garage, before the pipes come out of the floor in the airing cupboard, could the valve be above the ceiling in the garage?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
this could be a gravity hw pumped heating which will not have a diverter valve,how many pipes from boiler not including gas pipe?and what other controls have you got

this could be a gravity hw pumped heating which will not have a diverter valve,how many pipes from boiler not including gas pipe?and what other controls have you got

Hi DAMIAN1966,

i thought i'd post a pic, it'd be easier than me trying to explain whats, what

04062008068.jpg

Sponsored Links
from looking at pic it looks like a basic pumped system,with a rad teed off from the primary flow and return if you did have control it would be bypassed by this rad,so it sugests their are no controls,you would have to have it upgraded,for the meantime you could turn off the rad valves hth Damian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back