Glow worm Ultimate 100 FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having a few problems with my heating system....

The boiler over temp cut-out keeps popping out. the pump still runs obviously due to the room temperature thermostat still under room temperature. Sometimes the boiler will be fine for a few days and then this happens

This has only really began since I drained the system to remove a radiator while decorating (flushing out & spray painting the radiator also)

There was a lot of air in the system which I have bled but now and again there is a 'hell of a lot' of noise coming from the pump area which is situated in the eaves above the boiler.

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
I should think you still have air in the system, possibly in the pump itself if it is noisy.
Is it a sealed system or open?

When you bled out the air, did you get water out as well?

Have you bled the pump?

as all ready suggested there is alot of trapped air still in the system turn the boiler off and associated controls and bleed all the rads and the circulating pump properly until all the air is expelled from the system :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help guys, you really confirmed what I thought! I'll bleed the system again although there is no bleed nipple on the pump itself and see how it goes.

PS it's an open system, Y- system I believe!

Thanks for all your help guys, you really confirmed what I thought! I'll bleed the system again although there is no bleed nipple on the pump itself and see how it goes.

PS it's an open system, Y- system I believe!

the bleed is the large silver screw in the middle of your pump (unless you have a dinosaur pump)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back