Glow Worm Ultimate Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When bleeding the radiators just now, I noticed two upstairs have cold spots at the top half. I unscrewed the bleed valve, and air did come out with spitting of water. But now nothing comes out of these two. Been googling and noticed people saying you may need to repressurise the boiler.

The pressure gauge on the boiler has two needles. The red points to around 1.5 bar but the black one is on zero. This must mean I need to add more pressure.

But Im not sure what valves to open to add more pressure.

I attach images of my boiler and upstairs tank.

Help :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No filling loop in your pics. Is there a braided hose anywhere ? Should be beside the pressure gauge .or you may have a header tank.

The only braided hose I can see is the one that enters the top of that red cylinder. You can see it in two pics.

I'll take more pics now.

Checked under the kitchen sink nothing. Checked under the utility room sink (same room as the boiler and found this)

Just under the sink above the shelf. Cold and hot water braided hose for the tap and grey flexi hose from the cold to the washing machine.

This pic in under the shelf, you can see a braided hose with a black tap on the cold feed

Have I found it?

Sponsored Links
Got it!!! :)

Was the black valve. Up to 1 bar now.

Central heating on, will bleed the rads again now in about 15min :)

Thanks for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back