gloworm 24c betacom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any help please. boiler seems to have gone on lockout but giving me hot water no heating. pump, divertor valve ok but noticed pump pin stuck out. overheat thermo wont reset. flame starts when on hot water but when i switch to ch dies fan stays on for 15 secs and stops and symbols show 90 for a few secs then dissapear. Have had engineer out but hasnt returned another due monday. Been without heating for 2 days you woulnt believe how many engineers ive phoned today but cant attend soon after all saying it souns like a divertor valve which i know it isnt as previous engineer had heating on for 10 mins after removing divertor motor. Any advice pls im thinking maybe electrial prob

Sponsored Links
there is a gauze filter in one of the heating iso valves. It will be blocked.

Get used to the phone going dead with this boiler.

FYI it was the cheapest boiler on the market bar none (excluding DIY sheds). It wasn't £400 inc vat and flue for nothing.

Sorry but thats the truth. :(

thanks for the very quick reply micky really appreciated. Do i need to mention that to Engineer or is it a simple and i mean simple task :LOL:
moved in to this house and boiler alredy in cant wait till get money together for decent model thanks again

Sponsored Links
not going to argue with that advice beerlover but stuck at moment :LOL: need quick fix

It is simple to clean the filter.

First make sure it has been fitted on the correct side (blue handle on the right).
Second turn off the isolation valves - outer left and right ones (red & blue)
Third drain the boiler from the drain off rh back of the boiler (black plastic)
Fourth undo the front disc on the blue valve - remove filter and clean
Fifth shut drain off refit everything and open isolation valves - check for leaks
Sixth repressurise and test

Good luck

appreciated beerlover will let you know. what would cause blockage of filter :?:

Why are these nasty?, I was looking at fitting one in a property of mine but I'm not sure if I will sell or rent the house yet.

all i can say olski is tryedto phone numerous engineers and after the same question of what boiler is it mate and wats the prob they are then to busy or offer future date (a number of days ltr) one never returned, but got one coming monday (fingers crossed wont need him )

That's quite often because the boiler isn't old enough for them to try and flog a replacement though!

there not all that bad. Its a rebranded heatline. Some early issues with condense trap, but apart from that there's no serious common faults im aware of, except maybe the DV spindles liked to leak, but that was modified and not helped by dirty water. A blocked filter is due to a dirty system, cant blame the boiler for that. Decent iso valves, fairly easy to work on . can think of worse boilers for 400 quid.

thanks mickey makes me feel bit better. :D could you please explain how to locate and get this filter out cant understand how after looking. sorry to be a pain :D

ie undo front discs. what r discs. sounds thick i know but new to this and im sure beerlovers explanation was spot on but i need it simplified a little more if thats at all possible :D :D

look underneath the boiler. there is 4 valves. A yellow one for the gas. Then 1 on 15mm pipe, and 2 on 22mm pipes. Its the 22mm ones which are the heating ones. the blue one of these should be the one that contains the filter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back