Gloworm 30cxi F5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister in laws 30cxi (2yr old) Boiler had a problem with the filler valve so the boiler had been running at over 3bar for at least two months.
The Pvr has been changed and a new filler valve. (Pressure steady at 1.1 bar rising to 2.2 when hot)
The boiler then started to flash F14
The flow thermistor has been replaced
the overheat sensor was faulty so that has been changed
it now flashes F5 so the sensor has to be reset as it is overheating when the heating is full on and dhw water is being drawn
The pump works fine
The thermistor on the DHW is a clip on and not stocked by most heating spare suppliers, I notice that glowworm do not do this thermistor on their newer models.
Next step Flush the system ?
Change the dhw heat exchanger?
obtain a dhw thermistor?
the boiler was installed by my brother who was a plumber sadly he has since died.
A happy new year to every one and thank you to any one who replies

Sponsored Links
it now flashes F5 so the sensor has to be reset as it is overheating when the heating is full on and dhw water is being drawn

Are you saying it cuts out if just the ch is on full, or just when the dhw is on, or both?

If it is just when the dhw is on I would look to remove the plate HE and see if it needs cleaning.

If this is the premix burner boiler then I thought they had a two year guarantee?

A lot of parts have been changed and I would not have expected so many things to have failed on just one boiler.

If I was dealing with the problem I would be doing a thermal survey to see if the plate HE was blocked. That sounds quite likely.

Tony

Sponsored Links
One of this age would have had a 1 year labour warranty and 2 years parts I would have thought.

Glow Worm want C/Card payment up front before they come out for the 2nd year parts warranty.

The boiler then started to flash F14

blocked plate heat exchanger everytime ;)
If you have access from either side of the boiler it can be removed without disturbing gas connections, DIYable.
If stuffed in a tight cupboard, you need an RGI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back