Gloworm Betacom 24c Boiler not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is 18 months old so out of guarantee. We had an electrical fault last night everything went out, That is now up and running but boiler not working at all. boiler stand by indicator (Green light) is not on. Checked fuse in plug and there is electric current in all wires going to the boiler. and through out.

Reading fault finder section in manual its advising 3 things. Replace interface card, Replace PCB check F1 and F2 fuses.
Fuses checked and they are all ok.
Question I could replace both PCB and Interface card, but that would cost in excess of £200.00 when it is likely only one is at fault Is there a way of telling which is the most likely to be faulty?
Steve

Sponsored Links
Call in a RGI to check the boiler over, their call out should be less than the £200 for parts and may be (will be) better than the fault finding guide.

if the boiler worked before then it is probably not the boiler that is at fault,

Does the hot water still work?

more than likely an externall controll fault if it does!!

Thank you for your advice, The boiler was working before, I have spoken to glowworm and they believe the power cut caused a surge which fried the interface card or the PCB. As I have electric currant going to this it seems unlikely to be an outside fault. the fact the fuses are still ok seems to indicate one or the other. the PCB is £150.00 and the Interface card if £50 or thereabouts, I was hoping to avoid buying both.

My Gas Safe Fitter cant get to me for a few days I agreed to enquire and buy the part.

My feelings is that if it was the PCB that was faulty then I would have thought the fuses would have blown first that is why i suspect it was the interface card. But that could be my wishful thinking and i was hoping to get some clarification.

as i say i doubt it as the boiler would normally go to fault mode,

i take it your boiler isn't now producing hot water!!

then if you believe it is the pcb AND interface card at £200 then it would be better to go for a glowworm fixed price repair at £250 at least the labour charge would be cheaper!! ;)

Sponsored Links
and yes before anyone else point's it out i am a g/w engineer!!

but IF it is the cards that that are faulty then this £250 is a gauranteed "BOILER" repair excluding heat exchanger or expansion vessel( defo not these :LOL: ).

I take you point re going to lock out however, there is no power reaching the display so nothing is showing at all and there is no heating or hot water, it is as if the boiler is switched off at the plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back