Heatline C24 blows fuses.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have already replaced the pump and the 2amp fuses still blow.
Installed boiler myself 2 seasons ago as we live on a "houseboat" and the local engineers with marine tickets won't get out of bed for less than £200.
It ran ok except that we only got hot water on the Winter setting (CH +DHW).
So, new pump, all runs fine for 5-10 mins, rads get hot, then fuses go again.
Try again, new fuses, switched on at mains, but boiler controls OFF. Sparking noise from LH side of pcb but nothing visible - behind the adjustment potentiometers. Fuses blow again after 1-2 minutes.
The fault-finding chart is not clear. Do I replace the pcb or the interface card? I don't want to make another expensive guess!

Sponsored Links
Replace the diverter valve gland and possibly the diverter valve motor although sometimes they will dry out and still work.

Before you do the replacement, you can prove my theory by disconnecting the wires from the diverter valve motor. ( Note colours first though if seperate ) and it should not blow the fuse any more.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back