Heatline Boiler blowing a fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Heatline solaris, it keeps blowing a fuse, at first it would not fire and I found a dry joint on the PCB I repaired this. Now the problem is it fires and will stay a light with central heating fine. If I demand water it will sometimes blow a fuse. Its always the first fuse on the board after the power cable? I suspected it may have been the 3 way valve/ motor but I have replaced this and still it blows the fuse. Any Ideas

Sponsored Links
Hello plumbplumb, No I have not checked for other pcb problems as I dont know what they will be.

Sponsored Links
blowing fuses is likely down to a faulty part (one which draws current, pump fan etc) or a short circuit somewhere poss on the PCB itself

Have you removed the diverter motor? Check that the diverter valve is not leaking from the spindle, if water gets into the motor, it takes out fuse 1.

Hope I'm wrong as the price of a new diverter, motor & possibly PCB, is gonna hurt! (£500 ish). It may pay to get a new boiler :( Or get a instant cover policy on it £300 ish.

The heatline Monza is about £550 from b&q - and a completely different animal to that bowwow you own currently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back