Gloworm Fuelsaver 50 Mk2 Gas Valve shuts down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Perplexing one - Replaced thermocouple on boiler after pilot went out.
Pilot will light and stay lit until running heating, boiler cranks up fine but after short while pilot and gas valve shuts off. Checked the thermocouple output (31mv), the overheat device is sound. The process can be repeated after short while, indicating the boiler temp has an effect (although system has not reached full temp before cuts out)

Programmer, Boiler and room thermostats are OK and Solenoid on gas valve operates OK.

I've run this with a meter on interuppter contacts thinking the thermocouple may be going open circuit when running, but it's ok, as must the overheat as it too would show as open. I'm thinking the electomagnet of the pilot control valve may be at fault - could it be anything else?
The gas valve is 6months old and the supplier won't replace on warranty as the pilot light appears not to be at fault, and the boiler starts, thereby they argue the valve is functioning OK

Sponsored Links
I've run this with a meter on interrupter contacts thinking the thermocouple may be going open circuit when running, but it's ok, as must the overheat as it too would show as open. I'm thinking the electomagnet of the pilot control valve may be at fault

it sounds the same to me if i where you and you have still got the receipt i would go somewhere else by another gas control stick this on and if this was ok i would demand a refund, but if it was still the same stick one on ebay you may take a small loss but at lease you can prove if this is a faulty gas valve

i get the feeling that you would know the answer to your problem if you were qualified to be doing what you are.

Try cleaning the pilot injector properly it is probably getting pulled away from t/couple tip when main gas comes on allowing it to cool

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back