Gloworm Fuelsaver Complheat 65 Burner Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gloworm Fuelsaver Complheat 65 / Unvented Hot Water Cylinder

Hi

Can you shed some light on this problem.

The Boiler will function for 1 hr from cold, heating the rads and hot water. After this time when the boiler needs to 'fire up' the PCB neons will only light to number 3, number 4 neon struggles and then gives up. Fan and pump are working but the burners fail to ignite even though pilot is alight with ignition sparking continually .

Prior to this problem I had removed and cleaned the LP switch and also replaced the TPRV on the hot water cylinder.

Any suggestions

maco

Sponsored Links
I've noticed arcing across the PCB when ignition is sparking. Need to check electrode lead/connection for poor connection.. Otherwise it'll have to be a replacement PCB ! :cry:

maco

Well, what a surprise, it's sparking across the spark gap

It sounds like you have a flame sensing problem

Sponsored Links
Don't have a flame sensing electrode.
Will check if live across the main gas solenoid black and blue cables. Otherwise it must be the PCB.
Have good contact electrode lead/ connection.

Power to pilot solenoid OK
Pilot ignites

when cold
Ignition spark switches off and main gas solenoid opens

when hot
Manually depress main gas solenoid actuator, ignition spark switches off and burners alight.

maco

maco said:
Don't have a flame sensing electrode.
Will check if live across the main gas solenoid black and blue cables. Otherwise it must be the PCB.
Have good contact electrode lead/ connection.

Power to pilot solenoid OK
Pilot ignites

when cold
Ignition spark switches off and main gas solenoid opens

when hot
Manually depress main gas solenoid actuator, ignition spark switches off and burners alight.

maco

dont have a flame sensing electrode???................well pray tell me.........exactly how does this boiler sense when it has lit the pilot?? I think you will find it has a combined spark and sensing electrode. Or does it just make an educated guess or maybe just take a risk??!!!

maco said:
Raden, what spark gap you talking about?

maco

depending on which pcb (there are three possibilities), there are two spark gaps. One is a glass tube with metal contacts on each end which causes the transformer spark, the other is a slot in the pcb which isolates the "earth" side of the secondary from boiler earth

There is only one electrode, which doubles up as spark electrode and sensing electrode

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back