Gloworm Majorca Three keeps going out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got a problem with my back boiler, it fires up then runs for about 30 seconds then goes out, including the pilot light. The pilot will ignite and appears to be stable until the boiler fires up. After relighting the pilot light a silly number of time yesterday the boiler eventually fired up and ran ok, however come this morning the same thing is happening.
Don't know if there is any relevance in this but I have just replaced the pump (bearings were totally shot), I had to drain the system to do this as the valves wouldn't close off properly. I was able to reduce the boiler temperature as the old pump had been clogged up and it was running great for 4 days.
Apologies for rambling on.

Sponsored Links
Air lock? Try air vent by HW cylinder. Or could be the thermocouple is dying.

Did you check which way the pump was flowing before you changed it as you may have put it back the wrong way round. but this would not cause pilot outage if it hasn't been seviced for a while you will need one as bbf uses air from room which is dusty. while it is being serviced have a t/c lead fitted (about 5 quid for part)

Sponsored Links
Cheers for your comments, the pump is the right way round. I just checked when I last had it serviced and I have someone coming round to do it on Thursday (it's been longer than I thought). Just been out and noticed that Transco have got the road dug up which may be relevant. I'll let you know what happens when the Corgi guy has been.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back