Gloworm Micron 40ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the Micron 40ff boiler. It is 3.5 years old. The last few days the hot water hasn't been firing up. It seemed it would come on sometimes and not others but now I can't get it on at all. The heating fires up no problem.

The water pressure a few days ago was less than 1 so I topped it up and thought that was the end of it. The water pressure remains at 2 since then so don't think there is a leak.

I have checked the boiler and when I turn the hot water on there are no flashing lights, the burner light doesn't come on either. I have turned all the power off to it for more than 10 minutes to try and reset it but it hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Lindsey

Hi all, Thanks for looking. I know what the fault is, the motorised valve at the cyclinder is jamming shut. Getting it replaced. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The fault lies on your control system somewhere, the most likely cause is the Motorised Valve (airing Cupboard) that controls the supply of HW if it does not open and send a signal to the boiler, then the boiler will not fire. however the fault may lay further back than the valve, the next place to look would be Cyilinder Thermostat, wiring centre, then programmer

Unless you are competent this is a job for a Heating Service Engineer! ;)

Haha, well your reply was totally spot on (that's if you didn't sneakily read my extra bit at the end first ;) ;) )

Got valve replaced today and it's working perfectly.

Thanks again for replying. Amazing you can work that out just by reading my garble!!

Cheers, Lindsey :D

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for your replies however I have a new problem!!

I got the motorised valve fixed and all was going well other than a lot of gurgling when the hot water was turned on. I assumed there was air in the system so bled the radiators and the 2 outlet points next to the cylinder, all seemed ok (I bled them all after I had drained the cylinder and refilled it, just in case there was a problem there).

Anyway, doing all of that did little to stop the gurgling. This morning (I bled them last night) the hot water isn't coming on again. Heating is firing up no problem. I manually opened the motorised valve and turned the hot water on but is still is not firing up (previously when it broke the hot water came on after I had manually opened the valve).

Anyway, any help shall be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Lindsey :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back