Gloworm Swiftflow 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fault with my combi boiler. I am not sure if it is the result of fitting a new shower (mixer type suitable for combi boiler - mira excel).
After fitting new shower all was well, good shower pressure - no problems.

However 2 days later (Saturday) there was no hot water throughout the house. We switched on the radiators and they were fine. Tried the water again and it was now ok.

Today (sunday) we again had no hot water. Checked boiler and there was no pilot. Relight pilot ok. But now when either the heating is put on or if we try to run hot water the burners light up for a second or so and then go out.

The pressure reading on the boiler has not changed and is at 0.9
The flowrate of water has not changed throughout and is ok

The new shower was used about 5 times after its install with no problems

Don't know if the shower is a red herring and it is just a coincidence that I have this problem now.

Help Please

:(

Sponsored Links
Sounds like shower fit is a Red Herring.
If the boiler pilot goes out and can be relit later, the boiler is probably overheating for some reason.

Are you SURE that there's no way air could have got into the boiler / radiators / pipework?

Otherwise - CORGI job! :cry:

The work changing the shower involved new pipework for mixer.
Previous shower was an electric job. Existing cold supply for old electric shower used. New hot supply for mixer shower taken from bath hot.
There was a hot supply to a bidet which was removed. The hot supply for this was blanked off.
Don't know if any of this work would get air into central heating system.
I didn't do the work myself and chap that did it is not a CORGI man and does not know much about combi boilers.

We did think there was some air in the cold water system at first. The new toilet fitted at the same time would make some gurgling/farting noises (when nothing was in operation) but that seems to have stopped.

I have just tried flashing up the system again and no changed. Pilot ok but soon as heating/water required, the burners come on but 'fade away' within 5 seconds.

Send for a CORGI man ????

Sponsored Links
bluemoon said:
Send for a CORGI man ????

sorry if you do know, but to work on gas you must be CORGI regestered. you will also want (if it comes to it) a heating engineer not a plumber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back