gloworm swiftflow obsolete flu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move the flu on a gloworm swiftlow through 90 degrees as the next door neighbour is building an extension and the present terminal location is located at the side of the house and needs to be moved to go through the adjacent wall at the back: so that neighbours extension can be built.
Problem is existing flu is approx 30cm long through 2 skins of brick and new routing would need a flu approx 80 cm long.

I have contacted gloworm and they have informed me that the part is obsolete.

How is easy is it to remove the flu in 1 piece and without damaging it given that it is sealed in?

Obviously then the boiler would have to be re-located to a position where the flu terminal would overlook the back of my property.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
We cannot tell how easy it would be to remove the flue as that depends on how its cemented in.

Your boiler is pretty old now and most people would fit a new condensing unit and save gas costs from the increased efficiency.

A CORGI engineer is not meant to but might agree to use another pipe and change over the terminal part if it all fitted correctly.

The actual situation is that there are only about two major flue manufacturers who make flues for most boilers. The inner and outer pipes are therefore the same on many different makes.

Tony

thanks for your comments ; much appreciated!

The boiler came with the house purchase and if otherwise given the choice I suppose I would have opted for another location say kitchen and not bathroom. Its very noisy and dhw only gets hot if boiler is calling for heat to ch anyway!!!

new better rated sedbuk model and relocation to kitchen i think is in order!!!

thanks again!

Sponsored Links
cheers fitz! I'll phone tech help at g/worm and run it past them.

very much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back