Glowworm 24ci leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This is my first time posting on here and I am a complete novice with boilers so any help is much appreciated.
I have noticed a leak coming out of the bottom of my Glowworm 24ci boiler - it is dripping once every 10-15 seconds. I took a look and couldn't see exactly where the leak was coming from, but it was dripping down from the blue 'knob' in the picture.

I know this is not much to go on but is there any chance that this is a common problem with this model of boiler?

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
You'll need to pop the outer white front cover off to locate the leak. Cheap and nasty boilers...so plenty of options for leaks.

Thanks,

I took the bottom panel off, and I think I have found the source of the leak. I have pointed to it in the attached pictures.
I believe this area leads into the filling device?

Also, I've noticed that the pressure guage is now on 0.9 bars. Is this getting lower because of the leak?

InkedIMG_2364_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_2363_LI.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

After another inspection I have realised the leak is coming from where the arrow is pointing in this latest picture:
InkedIMG_2366_LI.jpg

I'm not sure what this part is? I tried twisting the knob to see if it was loose, but it seemed very tight.

Thanks,
Dan

Sponsored Links
That part is the sanitary water filter..ie. it filters the incoming cold water. It could just be a failed o ring seal or the part it slots into commonly known as the Z piece could have failed. I'm not sure if just the o ring is available but the complete filter and ring isn't much. Needs popping out to confirm which bit has failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back