Glowworm 30ci luke warm water, flushng heat exchanger??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My glowworm 30ci combi boiler is not producing the hot water it should deliver. If you turn the hot water to really low flow it is ok. I noted the flame die and light up all the time while drawing a bath.

I've been advised to flush the heat exchanger or replace it..

Any suggestions and tips on how to flush it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Its an easier DIY job to remove and clean it.

But thats only if you have about 300mm clear on the left of the boiler.

Otherwise its a pig of a job!

Tony

Thanks for that...

I've got plenty of space so I'll give it a go, any ideas on what chemcals to use when flushing? Sorry for the ignorance, a bit of a nofice still!

Paul

I reckon just change the bugger and fit a boiler buddy or some such on the return

Flushing W2W heat exchangers is hit and miss when you know what you are doing let alone when you have to ask questions on this here site.

:)

Sponsored Links
i realise this is an old thread but i had the same symptons on my 30ci. using ther manual it took 5 minutes to get the heat exchanger out(no room to the left needed!) i steeped the thing overnight in sentinel x800 then stuck it back in using the original washers. not ideal but they were fine. water temperature back where it belongs.However, the reason i'm posting is...... like quite alot of people,money is tight.boiler repair isn't something i'd like to 'attempt' but i just had to with this problem. if i was to pay a kosher repairman i'd have been looking at the wrong end of £350 i guess(new part £170+VAT). that would have been the cancellation of the caravan holiday i had planned with the family.i do not begrudge this cost-i'd want that if i were to do the job,its more the fault of the economy of this land i suppose.its a poor day when an ordinary working man with an ordinary job struggles so much for basics. nuff said

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back