Glowworm Betacom 24c - low DHW Temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am new to this so any help is much appreciated.

I have a Glowworm Betacom 24c combi that I installed a few months ago. Everything was fine until about 6 weeks ago when the DHW temp seem to have dropped off. With any tap fully open the temp doesnt go above about 30. Close the tap down and reduce the flow by 50% temp rises to 60+. CH works great.

I am thinking either flow rate too high for boiler but that would mean the mains flow in to the house has risen since install?? OR the mains supply temperature has dropped so much that the boiler can't keep up??

For now I have closed down the mains inlet valve decreasing the flow and all is ok but my shower is a bit rubbish now!!!

Has any one got any other ideas as I cant wait to have a nice powerful hot shower again!!!

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
assuming your gas supply to the boiler is correct .....ie the meter governer hasn't gone faulty ....

the only thing i can think of which will cause this is

the water inlet temperature is lower ,and as you say the boiler can't keep up as it only 24 kw (and a budget boiler)

or the diverter valve is not closing off the heating circuit properly ....
an easy test to determine this is to run the hot water with the heating stone cold .......hold onto the flow pipe from the boiler ,and if you feel it getting warm ,the diverter valve is letting by

Sponsored Links
The OP who says he installed the boiler himself apparently has no body else to ask.

He could read the instructions though! They would say the boiler can raise the water temperature by 35 degrees at 9 litres per minute.

So if he sets it to 9 lpm and the incoming water is say 3 degrees that the boiler output will be about 38 degrees at the boiler and losing about 2 degrees in the pipework will give 35 degrees at the hot tap.

The problem comes with thermostatic showers because they always add some cold water so that 35 degrees becomes 30 which will feel like a luke warm shower!

The solution is to have a professional installer who will discuss the clients requirements and specify a boiler model to suit.

Tony

I came on here as I was bored at work and thought some one may give another opinion than my own, not to be patronised.

Thank you nomates for your reply. The diverter valve is fine and it is due to the low inlet temp.

I hope the others need help some time soon and people are just as helpful to them.

no problem ,glads its working ok , when the weather picks up a bit ,you'll be enjoying a faster flow of hot water .....my boiler does the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back