Glowworm Betacom 30 PCB Fault / Blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a problems with Glowworm Boiler. The PCB has blown on the supply side of the fuse and blown the carrier off the board. The power to the board is OK and has been tested with a meter & earch checked.

We had the diverter replaced yesterday - could this have cuased the issue in any way?

I can get a new board but unsure incase it just happends again?

Any help would be apprecaited.

Gareth

Sponsored Links
if the diverter was leaking then yes it could blow the board. I assume the head and body were both changed?

Hi,

He replaced the diaphram inside. The board has definatly gone as the fuse carrier has come off on the supply side of the board...

Any ideas?

ok then you must have the original Betacom boiler. That would have been a monumental pig of a job to change that diaphragm. It wouldn't have caused the board problem. Hard to say why its happened, could be a faulty component or just an unlucky event.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info, would you replace the board then? I just wont want to re-connect a new one and the same thing happen!

Hi,

We had the diverter replaced yesterday - could this have cuased the issue in any way?

Gareth

Who did that? Why was it changed?

Why is he not being involved in replacing the PCB?

The timing seems very suspicious and I would not advise you to replace it yourself because unless the boiler is properly tested the new PCB is likely to fail again.

I dont think that senario would arise if the fuse in the switched fused spur was correctly rated. What value is it?

Presumably you are not in a rural area with lightening strikes on OH supplies?

Tony

I cannot visualise this boiler.

Would have expected it was a Vizo but they have no diaphragm! Can anyone tell me the proper model so I can look at the MI ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back