Glowworm Betacom 30C - Lost pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

This is by no means a recently occurring problem but I'm finally getting around to looking at it.

I have a Betacom 30C Combi Boiler.

Once the boiler has been running and heating the house, once it stops, the pressure drops to totally empty.

This meaning I'm having to re-pressurise it each time.

I have checked everywhere I can, and I am unable to find any leaks.

I've tried to research online, this brought me to looking at the expansion vessel.

I checked this and it was empty. I charged this up to 1 bar.

The problem persisted and upon check a week or so later, the vessel was empty again.

Is this a new boiler job? Can the vessel be changed? And If so I'm assuming this is a boiler engineer only job?

If so, I know it's hard to say but a ROUGH idea of cost? Just so I know if it will be £50 or £500.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sponsored Links
You probably didn't re charge it properly. When you started to charge,what was the boiler pressure gauge reading ,prior to you pumping air into the EV ??

You probably didn't re charge it properly. When you started to charge,what was the boiler pressure gauge reading ,prior to you pumping air into the EV ??

If I'm honest I can't say 100%, however I believe the pressure was zero when I did it.

What I can say is that no water came out of the valve, and when I put air in to it, I could hear the sound similar to a balloon inflating.

I seem to remember the problem being there fairly straight after the boiler was fitted, which progressively got worse over the years until it's been as it has now for a few years.

Try again ,but you need to follow the correct procedure. I think there are plenty of tutorials around for you to check out . Main thing is to remove all pressure from the heating circuit ,and leave a drain cock open whilst you pump up . Quite a bit of water should come out the drain when pumping up the ev ,so ensure that's contained.

Sponsored Links
Try again ,but you need to follow the correct procedure. I think there are plenty of tutorials around for you to check out . Main thing is to remove all pressure from the heating circuit ,and leave a drain cock open whilst you pump up . Quite a bit of water should come out the drain when pumping up the ev ,so ensure that's contained.

Thanks Terry I will give it a go. Just so I can try and make efficient work of it, where is the drain cock likely to be?

I can't see your pipework at the moment Chris ,my crystal balls off line :LOL::LOL:
Seriously though ,could be near the boiler ,on a radiator ,or c/ heating pipework. Not familiar with your boiler ,but very likely has one on it.

Thanks Terry I'll have a look. Didn't know if it was something attached to the boiler itself or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back