Glowworm boiler - Pilot Light goes out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot light on my 15 year old boiler keeps going out. When you switch on the CH it will run OK for about 30mins than there is a large clunk and the system stops and the pilot light goes out.

System runs OK when heating the water in the CW tank.

British gas have attended 6 times now and have replaced the pump and a number of other items but have not solved the problem. They are now suggesting a system flush which is going to cost an arm and a leg (possibly both legs!).

I have drained the system and refilled but still have the problem.

HELP

Sponsored Links
System runs OK when heating the water in the CW tank.

i hope its not :confused:

boiler make /model etc :idea:

British gas have attended 6 times now and have replaced the pump and a number of other items but have not solved the problem. They are now suggesting a system flush which is going to cost an arm and a leg (possibly both legs!).

what bit's :?: :?: :?:

You noticed my deliberate mistake.

The boiler is a glowworm Fuelsaver MKII.

British Gas have changed the thermostat and the pump and have performed a full service. They also changed a wire that they stated was covered in soot but unfortunately I didn't ask what it was.

One more bit of info, when I was trying to sort the problem I did notice that one of the rads is failing to even get warm. Have bled it, no bubbles but the water is cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back